The advantages of rotary swaging|
HMP is one of the world's leading producers of rotary swaging machines. In Germany rotary swaging is well established in the parts production for the automotive industry to a great extent. Examples of swaged components are parts for the steering system, drive components, parts for the engine, the transmission and for the safety systems, etc. Replacing the former technologies by rotary swaging always offers a potential to achieve weight savings of up to 50%.
The advantages of rotary swaging:
- Better product quality, significant material savings: The achievable tolerances are extremely tight, so that final machining in most cases is not required and net-shaped parts can directly be obtained.
- Wide range of applications, significant weight savings: A multitude of different external and internal forms can be produced by rotary swaging. Therefore it is possible an optimum part design which exactly meet all functional and weight saving criteria.
- High forming ratios, fewer production stages: The swaging process achieves very high forming ratios in only one processing step without requiring hot forming or annealing.
- No restriction to materials, cold and hot forming: The swaging process does not require a specific type of material and does not have any temperature limitations.
- No preparation of the surface, no environmental problems: The process does not require any specific surface treatments such as phosphating, soaping, etc.
- Reduced production time, efficiency through automatic operation: The production time for swaged parts is usually considerably shorter than that for machining. The construction of rotary swaging machines permits combination of several swaging modules with other processing modules for multi-station transfer machines.
Further information can be obtained from:
HEINRICH MÜLLER Maschinenfabrik GmbH
- Addr: KARLSRUHER STRASSE 42-44
- Tel: 07231/3199-0
- Fax: 07231/3199-11
- WWW: http://www.hmp-umformtechnik.de
- Contact: Dr.-Ing. Frank Müller